Saturday, February 28, 2009

Getting BACK into the groove...!





After a 3-year hiatus, I'm jumping into the musical-fray once again, because if the Rolling Stones, The Eagles, Steely Dan and Fleet Mac (who are all MUCH older than I...hehe) can still be out there thrilling everybody on the soundstage, I guess I can, too!!
But seriously, after the last few band practices, I have found that my energy was boosted to new levels- especially after such a lethargic winter- and I SOOOO miss singing "LIVE" with other musicians, as well as the camaraderie... Most everybody certainly gets something from listening to music, but musicians are a whole different breed... music is definitely in our blood just as oxygen is, and I think we musicians die a slow death of suffocation when deprived of the ability to make it!

A few of some recent (and not so recent) past pics of music-making...
top-bottom:
*"The Mix" re-union (a few years after our last gig at Nectar's)
*"Me and a Marine" (My friend Paula's Son, right before his re-deployment to Afghanistan...serenading him with a rendition of 4 Non-Blondes "What's Up?" at the Edgewater Pub in Colchester, (one of our favorite gigs!!) It's been turned into a donut shop now, I think...dang.
*Shakin' down at Nectar's...(No, that's NOT Jeff Beck, it's Richie Esposito!! (hugs!)
*"Wish" my very first band, somewhere on the East Coast... back in the days I played keyboards...I think I was about 4 months pregnant with my son in this pic!!

No comments: