Sunday, October 7, 2007

Is it really October??


It's Vermont and the leaves on the trees are still green- and it's almost mid-October- and the temperature has been in the mid-seventies- not that I'm complaining...


Two weeks ago I went apple picking and it was in the 7o's, last Thursday (Oct. 4) I took a group of Seniors on a luncheon cruise aboard the Spirit of Ethan Allen, and it was almost 80 degrees. Luckily, my neighbors have their pumpkins out, the stores are decorated with scarecrows, ghosts and goblins, everyone is having "Harvest Fests", and last week was the Harvest Moon...If not for these things, I would probably think it's still July! The pagan in me absolutely loves the Harvest Season, my favorite time of year, October my favorite month...and how beautiful it has been so far, even if the foliage season is behind schedule!!


I accomplished quite a bit this weekend, in terms of "crafting and creating" for the upcoming holiday shows...This Friday, October 12 from 5 to 8, the Burlington Craft Mafia is having a "Traveling Trunk Show" at RED SQUARE in Burlington, with musical guests "Colin Clary and a Magog." Not a bad way to start out a Friday evening..."go shopping, party, and shop some more!!"

I played around in photoshop today, and made a little halloween greeting card from one of my Witch Art Dolls...titled, "What a Witch." I just love the little red apple... 'tis the season, afterall...

No comments: