Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Reasons I love Vermont...




There is so much to love about living here in Vermont...incredible sunsets on the Burlington Waterfront being one of them. The summer of '04 was probably the most incredible in my memory, as far as insanely beautiful, colors-changing-by-the-minute sunsets, down at Breakwaters. Ok, the margueritas and the Phil Abair Band added to the romantic aura of it all, but I am not exaggerating about Burlington sunsets, and as a matter of fact, would offer a challenge to anyone to come up with a more beautiful spot. But there was definitely something about the summer of '04. I haven't seen anything like it since. I photographed the pics above one summer night- down at breakwaters, of course, while Marc held my marguerita , and all the while grooving to "Brown-eyed Girl..." At the time, my young son was driving a hummer up and down the IED-infested roads of the Sunni Triangle with other VTANG comrades, courtesy of (ahem), Kaiser Bush's "War on Terror." And so, in addition to not sleeping for an entire year, all I could think of that whole summer was that we were getting these really incredible sunsets, with amazing arrays of orange, gold and red, courtesy of the atmospheric depleted uranium wafting in from the Middle East...

1 comment:

Staci Rose said...

i went to college in vermont. got tossed in a snowbank more than once. :)

i definitely miss the seasons but not the black flies. and i miss going to tom & sally's chocolates!

beautiful photos!